Jupiter Collaborative Visualization
The ability to see everything that’s important at once is invaluable. Our technologies display all your data sources and video-conferencing feeds together on a single wall.
See and engage every corner of the enterprise, from anywhere, on any device.
Sharing a common operating picture is essential to effective management. Canvas enables video, data, applications, and more to be shared with colleagues anywhere, on any device, delivering end-to-end collaboration. Live H.264 video streams, VNC viewer windows, active web browser windows, and desktop presentation screens.
Users can share streams and collaborate from anywhere in the network: at the main display wall, on PCs, and on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. Canvas brings a rich set of familiar tools for collaboration and allows them to be used in ways that no other system can. And, unique in the industry, Canvas allows users to annotate directly on live video streams. Create shared whiteboards for brainstorming.
With Canvas, smartphones and tablets can also be sources. Point the mobile device camera at anything and share live video with remote colleagues. View the scene in front of you as well as an overlay of information from experts at other sites.
No matter what needs attention or who sees it first, any situation captured in a stream can be shared quickly and easily with team members, regardless of their location.
New In Canvas 5.0
Enhanced features offer better ease of use, more flexibility, and an intuitive object-based, drag and drop interface.
- Flexible and secure across Workgroup and Active Directory environments
- Continued support of Active Directory for user authentication
- Now also supports Workgroup environments so users who prefer not to use Active Directory can employ their own authentication protocols
- Manage applications anywhere with the expanded capabilities of web-based Mimic Touch software
- Includes the powerful features of ControlPoint for display wall management
- Create layouts, access Canvas sources, and control images, text, web-based content, DVI windows, and other applications
- Drag and drop video and data windows anywhere on the display wall
- Juxtapose sources in order to get full 360-degree view of ops
- Save and recall layouts appropriate for specific situations, users, or time of day
Cost effective and efficient native CPU based decoding with the Catalyst 4K display wall processor.
- For H.264, simultaneously decode 8 HD streams or 2 UHD streams
- For H.265, simultaneously decode 8 HD streams or 2 UHD streams
Canvas 5.0 now ships standard with Catalyst 4K, bringing 4K and 1080p HD sources together on one video wall.
- Available as an upgrade to earlier Fusion Catalyst 1000, 4000, 8000, and 4500 systems
- Canvas 5.0 replaces ControlPoint and previous versions of Canvas
Watch The Canvas Video
Canvas enables managers to annotate directly on live video shared with remote colleagues across a broad array of devices.
- Circle, label, identify, or annotate areas of interest on live video
- Use the keyboard to type comments directly on live video
- Drag shapes from the toolbar to any area in the video to be resized, colored and titled
- Create whiteboards for brainstorming
A Secure System
Canvas authenticates users via the customer’s own Windows Active Directory. User permissions, including access to specific sources and features are assigned and managed by the system administrator. Role-based security makes management of large numbers of users and permissions easy and flexible, according privileges to cadres of users sharing a common role in the enterprise.
Employing a superior security design, Canvas provides object-level security for all sources, eliminating inadvertent disclosure of restricted content. The system actively prevents users from sharing sources with any other user lacking appropriate permission.
Content and communications to and from mobile devices are encrypted, because you should feel as secure working in the field as you do in your office. Upstream video from mobile devices is encrypted with AES 128/256 encryption, including SHA-1, 80-bit authentication. Video sent downstream to mobile devices is protected with HTTP basic authentication and SSL encryption.
Use Your Canvas Video Wall For In-Room Presentations, Too
Your Canvas video wall can be used for displaying content for a local audience when not in a Canvas session. DVI inputs can be connected to a Fusion Catalyst display wall processor running Canvas for display on the attached video wall. Now the local video wall can be used for making in-room presentations or viewing other sources not intended for sharing and collaboration.
The Canvas System
System Requirements And SpecificationsCanvas Client
CPU: PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz or equivalent
RAM: 4GB RAM, minimum
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro
CPU: Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz or equivalent
HDD: 20GB, minimum
RAM: 4GB RAM, minimum
Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit Pro, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, Windows Server 2008
Canvas iOS Client
OS: iOS 6.1 or later
iPhone 4, 4S, 5, or later
iPad 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen, 4th Gen, or later
iPad Mini 1st Gen or later
Canvas Android Client
OS: Jelly Bean, or later
Devices: Android smartphones and tablets
Video Streams: H.264, H.265 (4K), H.264 (1080p), Real Video (720p), Divx 4/5/6 (1080p), Xvid (1080p), WMV7/8 (SD), Divx 3 (720p), VP6 (CIF), VC1 (1080p), MPEG-1 (1080p), MPEG-2 (1080p), MPEG-4 (720p), H263
Desktop Streams: VNC (only on PC and Video Wall clients)
LAN/WAN: Gigabit Ethernet, TCP/IP
Wireless: Wi-Fi, 4G/LTE
Active Directory: Canvas Server utilizes customer’s Active Directory server for user authentication.
Capacity: The Canvas system can run on many indigenous enterprise networks. Bandwidth requirements are dependent on number and types of streams. Maximum performance is assured with a dedicated video network and appropriately selected routers.
Canvas defines flexibility, supporting a broad range of common networks and applications, as well as unique customizations.
- Supports most enterprise LAN and WAN network configurations
- Supports 4G mobile networks
- Supports integration with popular UCC platforms and VMS systems
- Robust API permits the creation of customized features and integrations
Canvas reduces the risk of inadvertent disclosure of secure content and improper system usage with object-level security. User access and authentication are managed by your native Active Directory system.
- Supports Windows Single Sign-On (SSO)
- User permissions, including access to specific sources and operations, are assigned and managed by the system administrator.
- Role-based security makes management of large numbers of users and permissions easy and flexible
|Type||File name & Description||Language|
Benefits and specifications for Canvas
Canvas Customers Sample List
|Canvas And PixelNet CDOT Case Study|
Colorado Department of Transportation use Jupiter Canvas and PixelNet to modernize their command and control center